Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
Construction MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
- Effective Date: November, 1978
- First Revision: December, 1979
- Second Revision: May, 1982
- Third Revision: November, 1982
- Fourth Revision: September, 1986
- Fifth Revision ACC: November 18, 1987
- Fifth Revision BOD: November 24, 1987
- Sixth Revision BOD: May 23, 1989
- Seventh Revision BOD January 22, 1991
- Eighth Revision BOD October 23, 1991
- Ninth Revision ACC April 17, 1991
- Tenth Revision ACC/BOD May 26, 1992 Pool, Propane
- Eleventh Revision ACC/BOD June 30, 1992 Fee to $1,000.00
- Twelfth Revision ACC August 12, 1992 Fences, Walls and Hedges (Section 28-12, II-2: 3 ft to 4 ft; 7 ft to 6 ft)
- Thirteenth Revision ACC/BOD October 27, 1992 Rescission of subdivided lots prohibition (Foreword)
- Fourteenth Revision ACC/BOD November 24, 1992 Addition of pipestem prohibition (Foreword) & allowance for metal ornamental fences in front yards (I-6, 4i)
- Fifteenth Revision ACC/BOD September 8, 1993 Change title to Construction Maintenance Procedures and to specify ditch maintenance responsibility
- Sixteenth Revision ACC September 26, 1994 Change requirements to headwalls
- Seventeenth Revision ACC/BOD June 30, 1996-Fee to $2,000.00
- Eighteenth Revision ACC/BOD December 4, 2001 Building fee (section 3d). Addition of additional reapplication fee requirements until Construction is completed. Signs (section 10). Rewritten so that review of applications and approvals for signs handled by AHPOA Business Office. For information on other minor changes, see ACC files.
- Nineteenth Revision ACC/BOD January 22, 2002 Code Violation Officer, or his representative, granted permission to enter properties. Building fee (section 3d), reissued permit after fee of $1,000 paid made valid for six months only before new request has to be submitted. Retaining walls (section 4i). Addition of Department Environmental Quality.
- Twentieth Revision BOD March 27, 2003 – Building fee increase from $2,000 to $3,000, effective April 1, 2003.
- Twenty-first Revision ACC December 16, 2004 – Procedures apply to all property owners, contractors and the AHPOA. Entrance ways/ culvert pipes/ ditches (section 4 g). All culvert pipes will be made of double wall plastic.
- Twenty-second Revision ACC March 31, 2005 – All fences to be constructed face out. Fencing (section 4 h).
- Twenty-third Revision BOD January 26, 2006 – Building fee increase from $3,000 to $10,000 effective, April 1, 2006. $5,000 refundable building bond imposed, effective April 1, 2006.
- Twenty-fourth Revision ACC February 22, 2007 – ACC approval required for temporary storage containers (section 11), effective March 1, 2007.
- Twenty-fifth Revision ACC August 24, 2011 – ACC may waive building fee for replacement houses (section 3(g)).
- Twenty-sixth Revision ACC August 22, 2012 – Clarification of a Lot Owners responsibility regarding front ditches and driveway (culvert) pipes (section 4(g)).
- Twenty-seventh Revision ACC February 25, 2015 – Prefabricated metal or plastic carports, and any carport not attached to the dwelling, normally will not be approved .
- Twenty‑eighth Revision ACC March 25, 2015 – Removal of Part 2 ‘Excerpts of County Ordinances’.
- Twenty-ninth Revision ACC September 23, 2015 – Revised application form.
- Thirtieth Revision ACC April 26, 2017 – ‘Easements and Adjacent Common Property’ section added to the Foreword, allowable materials for headwalls expanded, methods of stabilizing headwalls expanded, dirt culvert parking pads prohibited, vinyl fences allowed in the front yard, restrictions on pools extended to include other water features, general cleaning up of language and the adoption of a list of Suggested Best Practices.