1. Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
  2. That's right folks, we have a bunch of ways for you to "follow" important announcements posted. On Twitter as AHPOA. On FaceBook as "aquiaharbour".
  3. May 25 - The business office will close at 2:00 p.m. for the Memorial Day holiday.
  4. My 28 - The Memorial Day holiday will not impact County Waste's collection of recycling and yard waste.

Bad News and Good News

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Patricia Harman, Apr 18, 2018.

• by Patricia Harman, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:02 PM
  • Patricia Harman

Patricia Harman General Manager

It pains me to report that the company we hired to create our integrated website and online payment option has failed and failed miserably. Too many excuses, not enough support and too many deadlines have passed. We had to cut them loose and move on to our back up plan. The company fully admits that the fault is theirs, which isn't much help but at least its honorable. We refused to send the last two payments when we saw which way the wind was blowing so what they have is our down payment. We have requested that down payment back in full and have all the documentation we need to justify it. So, disregard those website sign in codes we sent you.

Plan B is not an integrated system which was not the plan, but it’s cheaper, easier/faster to set up and will do what we need it to do - online account management and payments. They've asked for 45 days to get set up and they know that is all they will get. I have had enough of this BS where deadlines are treated as mere suggestions. We also have an advanced plan for the website and will use all of the matrix work staff has already done to expedite that objective with a website only company. Since the website and bill pay will not be integrated - we won’t need to wait on the website to start the online account payments. 45 days.

The Good News

RFID
    An independent evaluation of the system verified that the system is capable of getting to 100% with a few modifications. Those modifications are in progress. Look for the hot sticks to come in first to channel the inbound traffic. We need our access control system back in place and fully operational. I get that, and I’m on it.

SOCCER!
    The summer youth soccer program is locked and loaded. The camp dates are June 18-22, June 25-29 and July 9-13. The brochure and all you need know are attached.
    Foot Golf / Soccer Golf will begin soon at our GOLF COURSE. It’s a great family outing of exercise, competition, fun and skill. We will be hosting a Foot Golf grand opening when school lets out but as soon as the equipment arrives and can be installed it will be GAME ON. https://www.footgolf.us/about-footgolf

POOLS
    You will be able to sign up for your pool membership and cover guests at the pools by having them charged to your AHPOA account. So, come to the office if you like, but you can also just do it at the pools. Guards will have laptops that give them basic member info but NOT account access or info. Updated rules, hours, costs etc. will be sent out next month. Evening swim lessons and adult swim lessons are being added but the dates are not nailed down until the first week of June. Dolphins Home Swim Meets this year are June 20 & 27 and July 11th at the Country Club Pool. Go Dolphins!

Patricia Harman, AHGM
    703-407-6106

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Patricia Harman, Apr 18, 2018.