1. Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
  2. That's right folks, we have a bunch of ways for you to "follow" important announcements posted. On Twitter as AHPOA. On FaceBook as "aquiaharbour".
  3. Aug. 28 - Board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Country Club
  4. Sep. 2 - Labor Day Scramble Golf Tournament.

Flash Freeze Alert for 1/29/19

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Office, Jan 28, 2019.

• by Office, Jan 28, 2019 at 5:28 PM
  • Office

Office Business Office

HEADS UP

It’s going to get really ugly around here the next 3 days. I remember the 2015 flash freeze because I went down JPJ in uniform on my backside (regrettably there is no video).

A flash freeze is just that. One minute it's slush, the next minute it's frozen solid. Not a good time for new drivers - or any drivers to be on the road. It looks like it starts getting dicey after 6pm Tues.

We can't pretreat because it will be raining prior to the snow and freeze and the temps Wed and Thursday near or below freezing. Closings probably Wed and Thu.

Time Line

Tues Midmorning – Rain will start

Tues around 4-5pm Snow begins

Tues 6-8pm FLASH FREEZE POSSIBLE

Wed – Closings probable

National Weather Service

An enhanced winter storm threat exists along the Allegheny Front Tuesday/Tuesday night. A slight winter storm threat exists over the rest of the forecast region (our forecast region includes D.C., northern Virginia, central and western Maryland, and eastern West Virginia).

* A low pressure system will be developing near the area Tuesday as a strong cold front crosses the region. Precip may start briefly as freezing rain Tuesday morning. Later in the day, rain changing to accumulating snow is likely Tuesday afternoon and evening.

* A rapid temperature drop from above to below freezing is likely Tuesday evening as the front crosses. A flash freeze is possible.

* Amounts, timing, and areal extent remain uncertain at this time.

Be safe,

Patricia Harman, AHGM

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Office, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.