Aquia HarbourA mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at the Aquia Harbour POA business office on Monday May 21, 2018 at 11a. m. 1221 Washington Drive Stafford, Va. 22554. 540-659-3050.
Washington Road Widening
30 April 2018
Invitation to Bid
Aquia Harbour, POA is requesting bids, in duplicate, for construction services for a lane widening from the existing entrance into Aquia Town Center to the existing gate house. Bids will be received by the Engineer of Record until end of business May 28, 2018. Bids shall be formatted such that they follow industry standard Division II specifications. General work scope includes the following:
Bids shall be broken down to include all quantities and unit costs and include a construction schedule. The owner intends to enter into a fixed fee lump sum contract. Change orders, extras, add-ons, etc. throughout the project, unless directed by Owner, will not be accepted.
- Construction of approximately 0.25-mile road to VDOT standards. It is anticipated that the road widening will be constructed in 2018. Proposed roadway will be twelve (12) feet in width (max). A six (6) foot shoulder should be assumed. An assumed pavement section has been provided twelve (12) section (8" of stone, 2" intermediate mix and 2" surface mix), which will based on actual CBR test results;
- Lengthening of the existing visitor merge lane (approximately 35’);
- Maintenance of traffic;
- Geotechnical testing and inspections;
- Construction survey services (i.e stakeout);
- Demolition and relocation of existing utilities (i.e. street lights);
- Thermoplastic striping;
- Four (4) infiltration trenches. One with an eight (8) foot wide access road;
- Extension and/or replacement of two (2) culvert crossings of varying sizes;
- Two-phased erosion control;
- Clearing and grubbing;
- County required landscaping;
- Milling, paving and stripping of Washington Drive from ATC entrance to the AH Front Gate/Fire Station with an option to take the project the rest of the way to Rt. 1 (thermal striping).
- Aquia Harbour required landscaping;
- SWM/BMP (combination of level spreaders and rock check dams);
- Bonds; and
- Permit Fees;
The contract documents are being designed by the Engineer of Record. An exhibit has been supplied and attached herewith. It is strongly recommended that the all interested parties visit the site and speak with the Engineer of Record prior to the mandatory pre-bid meeting.
1. Plan Name: Aquia Harbour Washington Drive Widening, dated 06 April 2016
Prepared By: Bagby, Foroughi and Goodpasture, PLLC (formerly Foroughi & Associates Engineering, PLLC)
Electronic plans and specifications have been provided along with this IFB for your use and convenience. Hard copies of plans will be provided by Engineer of Record via written request along with a $250.00 fee per set. The request must be received at least five (5) business days prior to the bid opening. Contract documents will not be delivered until the fee is received.
The Owner reserves the right to award a Contract based solely on the basis of the Base Bid or of the Base Bid and any combination of Alternates thereto.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to waive informalities in the bidding. The lowest Bidder will not necessarily be awarded the contract. The lowest two (2) or three (3) Bidders will be compared and balanced. If the winning Bid exceeds available funds, the Owner reserves the right to negotiate with the winning Bidder or any of the other lowest Bidders.
Additional information concerning Bid documents and procedure for bidding will be available from the Engineer of Record.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at the Aquia Harbour POA business office on Monday May 21, 2018 at 11a. m. 1221 Washington Drive Stafford, Va. 22554. 540-659-3050.
- Please provide all assumptions with Invitation to Bid packages;
- Geotechnical testing and inspections shall be included within the bid;
- Maintenance of Traffic shall be the responsibility of the contractor; and
- Earthwork quantities shall be provided with bid.
Engineer of Record:
Ryan K. Foroughi, PE
Bagby, Foroughi and Goodpasture
125 Olde Greenwich Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
See attached file: View attachment Washington Drive Exhibit AQH Improvements Only_05192016.pdf
Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
Oct. 24 - Regular board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Country Club
Oct. 28 - Trunk or Treat at Lions Park from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Oct. 31 - Community trick or treating from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.