I can hardly believe it but July 4th is only a little over two weeks away. There are currently tethered balloons flying at 500 feet over the middle of the creek to mark the top viewing height for the fireworks. If you can see the balloons from your intended viewing spot you will be able to see the fireworks - at least the highest ones. The fireworks burst between 100 - 500 feet. The best viewing spot is the Marina where we generally host about 3,500 residents and thier guests. While we're on the subject here are 8 things you need to know about the 5th annual Aquia Harbour July 4th Extravaganza...
1) It’s going to be a blast! Parade 9a-10a, Lions Park fun 10-2p, Country Club (open all day) Band & party 6p-9:30p, Harbour Inn Party 6p-10p, Fireworks over the creek 9:20ish
2) Festivities are Wednesday ON July 4th (rain date Sat 7/7)
3) Open parties are common in the summer but on July 4th, no “OPEN party” access will be permitted after 3pm. After 3pm your guests must be on your Gate Sentry app (call the Office for instructions on the Gate Sentry Visitor App 540-659-3050 or search your email for "Gate Sentry" - you may already have a password assigned) or called into the front gate. Please DO NOT mass invite people to the fireworks and say "just use my name". This event is as big as we can handle. Aquia Harbour residents and thier home visiting guests only. All others will be turned away.
4) Only cars with RFID decals will be permitted to park in the premium parking lot off Washington Drive for the fireworks. All others will be directed to Lions Park and can use the path to walk to the Marina or catch an event van. Handicapped will be permitted all the way in but will be the last to leave at the end of the night after all pedestrian traffic has been cleared.
5) The parade is a GO! Well done Aquia Harbour. The 1200-1400 block of Aquia will be closed at 8:45 for the parade so get to your spot or make your way to the marina before then or you'll have to wait until after 10. Bring a lawn chair and a bag to collect goodies and candy. Road closures will not impact Richmond Drive or access/egress to the Harbour.
6) Washington Drive at Marina circle will close at 5pm to vehicle traffic and the Harbour Inn pool lot must be cleared by 3:00 though the pool will remain open.
7) There is no free swim at the pools on the 4th. Membership or day passes required. Pools will be open til 10pm. Guests at the pool are limited to TWO per family after 3:00.
8) There will be a party and a band at the Country Club the evening the 4th this year so you can go to the Country Club but fireworks will not be as visible from that location.
Thank you so much to all of the volunteers who make this possible. We sure could use a few more to pull this off. Please go to
or email Julia Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you have one hour to give or five, can drive a shuttle van or help park cars – YOU ARE NEEDED. Thanks Aquia!
Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
July 21 - Cars 3 at the Harbour Inn at 7 p.m.
July 21 - Aquia Park from 9 to 12. Bags, bulbs, batteries, computers, cell phones and computers collection.
July 23 - Swimming lessons session 3 begins. Registration required.
Aug. 7 - National Night Out. Lions Park. 6 - 8 p.m.