1. Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
  2. That's right folks, we have a bunch of ways for you to "follow" important announcements posted. On Twitter as AHPOA. On FaceBook as "aquiaharbour".
  3. Sep. 26 - Regular board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Country Club

NEW FRONT GATE ACCESS CONTROL

Discussion in 'Security and Emergency' started by Patricia Harman, May 11, 2016.

• by Patricia Harman, May 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM
  • Patricia Harman

Patricia Harman General Manager

The ACCESS CONTROL Front Gate System is LIVE! Please please be patient with us as we learn this new system and please get signed up and use the app. It really will make access control tighter.

If you havent signed up please down load the GATE SENTRY app on your smart phone and send an email to memberservices@aquiaharbour.org with your Name, address and phone number. Once you are verified you will recieve an access code and you will be in full control of your visitor list.

Attached are answers to the questions you've been posting and you can also stop by the office between 6-9 tonight to meet with the company reps if you still have questions.

Chief Harman

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT

THE NEW AQUIA HARBOUR POA/POLICE

GATE SENTRY

ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM

· What is this new system and why do we need it? It lets you to manage your own visitors & vendors/service people without ever having to call the Gate. Enter them for just one day, for a period of time or for always – this will save you time and allow us to tighten up access control at the Gate.

· Do I have to sign up? No, you can still call the Gate if you prefer and they will enter the information onto your Gate Sentry resident page for you – but the whole idea is to get the guards off the phone so they can focus on access control so it would be very helpful if you would participate. If you don’t have a smart phone or a computer you can still just call the Gate.

· How do I sign up? Send an email to the office at memberservices@aquiaharbour.org. Include your Name, Address & Phone Number. Once you are verified as an Aquia Harbour resident you will be sent a sign up code.

· What if I am not up to date on my dues? You will still have access to this system.

· Can I reset my password? Yes, there is a reset password link on your log on screen - you enter your email address. Your individual user name provides the security of your log-on not being compromised. Your user name is not your email address.

· Do I have to have a smart phone? For the phone app – yes, but you can also manage your visitors on your computer. http://portal.gatesentry.com

· If my teenager authorizes someone in when I am not home will I see it in my visitor list? Not only will you see it, you will get a text and/or an email when they arrive if you have set your program to notify you.

· Do I have to reenter all my log on information every time I want to enter a guest? No, not on the phone app but you will have to log on each time if you use your computer.

· How do you activate the text or email notification when your guests arrives? Residents can indicate on their phone app or computer whether they want email. Text are automatic to the account holders unless you turn the notification off on your phone’s SETTINGS.

· Who do I NOT have to call or enter into my app? Credentialed health care workers, food delivery, UPS-Fed Ex, Utilities. (Please note: by law - credentialed Process Servers must be admitted with or without notice.)

· What is the “Pass Phrase” number on the front of my Gate Sentry phone app? It is a secondary verification in case someone tries to CALL in a guest to the gate from an unverified phone number. You can change the Pass Phrase to something that is easy for your family to remember. As long as you are calling from one of the phones registered to your account, you will not need to know it.

· Why does it say TRUE or FALSE in the column next to my guest’s name? This is a programming issue that will be addressed. True means permanent guests list, False means temporary guest list.

· What does listed or unlisted mean when I go to the full page on my computer http://portal.gatesentry.com? It tells the Business Office if you want your information to be listed or unlisted in our local directory.

· Why can’t I have more than one account registered to my address? Each address gets one and only one account but you can add as many authorized users as you want. If you have 5 people – each one can have an ID and permission to add a visitor.

· What will my visitors need to know to check in? Your visitors and vendors will need your first and last name(or just your last name if it’s not too common like Smith) OR your address. Your Gate Sentry page can be brought up at the Front Gate either way.

· Can I just leave my account as OPEN and just let anyone in who wants to come see me? NO. This is not an option. When you occasionally have a special event for the day - you can enter ROBINSON WEDDING OPEN or GRADUATION PARTY OPEN in the vendor list but only for one day. Anyone who says they are attending the Robinson Wedding or the Graduation Party at XXX Aquia – will be granted access based on your entry.

· If I list someone as a permanent guest, can I still remove them later if I want? Of course, you have total control over who gets in and who doesn’t.

· Can I ban someone from coming in? To your property - yes, to the Harbour - no. Enter DONOTADMIT in the first name block and the person’s name in the last name block GrimReaper (no spaces). A “banned” category will be added very soon.

· What if someone shows up at my door that I didn’t authorize? If it is someone known to you that you were expecting but didn’t enter into the system - ask them how they got in then call the Chief immediately so the Guard can be identified. If it is someone you do not know, call the gate 659-5224 at once so that an officer can be dispatched to your home for a trespassing issue. While this is a lot safer than before, there are still ways to circumvent the Gate and we will have to deal with them one at a time.

· I frequently have underworld spies over for lunch and they don’t want their name in my visitor history. Then give them an alias or a guest card. Guest cards are available at the Business Office and will continue to be honored. We don’t care who they are, that’s your business – we only care that you have authorized them.

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Security and Emergency' started by Patricia Harman, May 11, 2016.

1. Dave_at_AQ
    I tried to send an email and got this:
    This is the mail system at host eforward1e.registrar-servers.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<memberservices@aquiaharbor.org>: unknown user:
    "memberservices@aquiaharbor.org"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Office
    Dave_at_AQ, please try sending an email again but to memberservices@aquiaharbour.org (there's a 'u' in Harbour). If it still doesn't work, please call the business office at 540-659-3050.
  3. jphelps
    Can someone answer what does Authorizer mean? At face fallow I would say it means people authorized to call people or admit people from our house? Because it came up in our account my brother in law, who only lives here temporarily, as Main
  4. Office
    Good afternoon, jphelps. We have spoken to Major Thompson at the AHPOA police station about your question and he is to happy to help you make sure that your account is accurate and safe. Please give him a call at (540) 659-4600.