1. Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
  2. That's right folks, we have a bunch of ways for you to "follow" important announcements posted. On Twitter as AHPOA. On FaceBook as "aquiaharbour".
  3. Nov. 6 - Office hours change to 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Extended hours on Tuesdays - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
  4. Nov. 20 - Unlimited yard waste collection. Must be in County Waste container, bagged or tied in bundles 2' diameter and 3' long max.
  5. Nov. 22 - The business office will close at noon for Thanksgiving and will reopen at 9 a.m. on Nov. 27.
  6. Nov. 22 - Regular board meeting rescheduled to December 6th.
  7. Nov. 30 - Draft strategic plan town hall meeting. 7 p.m. at the Harbour Inn.

Recording Meetings

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Office, Oct 13, 2017.

• by Office, Oct 13, 2017 at 7:33 PM
  • Office

Office Business Office

This is a much more complicated issue than it appears to be and I have spent months trying to gather all the info the Board needs while still protecting this private community, so get your popcorn.

No one benefits more than your Board members by having these meetings recorded. No more spinning, misinformation campaigns and/or just innocently mistaken info.

No transparency? I’m calling that. I get a barrage of email monthly from happy residents saying they have never been this informed. Meetings are open to all active members, agendas are published, meeting dates and times are published, GM notes are published and sent to the email list after every work session and posted on the web, GM notes are published after every Board Meeting, unofficial minutes are printed in the Harbourview, official minutes are available on the website. Board members answer emails and calls from residents, the GM answers hundreds of emails and calls every week.

Not posting our business on Facebook does not equate to a lack of transparency. It really equates to professional business practices… which I am violated today in my frustration and for that I apologize.

These aren’t public meetings. We're not a municipality, we are a private Association and members who attend private Association meetings which are NOT open to the public DO have an expectation of privacy and that requires significant consideration. If we had a portal for RESIDENTS ONLY our dilemma would be solved.

When a resident recorded the meetings in 2015 she was the target of constant criticism and had no place to post it but a public venue – both are problems.

Having membership access to video-taped meetings is a good idea. It’s just not an easy idea.

There is so much to consider. We need to be able to limit distribution to JUST our membership and control the cost and yes, I should have posted this sooner. I just kept thinking we were closer than we actually are but the technology that will allow for this is on deck and will be operational early next year which will truly give the Board a viable option for the first time.

Thanks for listening.

Patricia S. Harman
    General Manager
    Aquia Harbour POA
    1221 Washington Drive
    Stafford, Va. 22554
    O) 540-659-3050
    D) 540-699-6683
    C) 703-407-6106
    gm@aquiaharbour.org
    chiefharmanahpd@gmail.com

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Business Office' started by Office, Oct 13, 2017.