1. Welcome to the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association website. After you register, you may want to spend a bit of time reviewing the "tutorials" forum.
  2. That's right folks, we have a bunch of ways for you to "follow" important announcements posted. On Twitter as AHPOA. On FaceBook as "aquiaharbour".
  3. Sep. 23 & 24 - Club championship golf tournament. Contact the golf course for more information and to sign up.
  4. Sep. 27 - Regular board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Country Club
  5. Sep. 30 - Oktoberfest at Lions Park from 3 to 9 p.m.
  6. Sep. 30 - Volksmarch beginning at Lions Park. Start your walk between 3 and 5 p.m.
  7. Oct. 21 - Trunk or Treat at Lions Park at 4 p.m. See calendar for more information.

Signing Off

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cowboyup, Mar 17, 2017.

1. cowboyup

cowboyup Retired Website Administrator

My wife and I moved to Aquia Harbour in 2007. We found it's unique aspects (marina, older homes, non-cookie cutter, "country" feel", etc...) truly unique (and still unique) anywhere this close to the Washington DC area - while also being somewhat affordable.

As many of you may recall, I developed this site to replace previous site(s) with the purpose to modernize the interface, combine the gallery and calendar into one platform and set this site up for mobile applications. FaceBook - at the time - was not considered a "professional" hosting platform for a business or community.

Time sure has changed and so has sites like this. Much of the community discussion has moved to FaceBook and other social media platforms. This site still has value as the "official" face of the Aquia Harbour Property Owner's Association - but I anticipate those types of operations will move to something more "cloud" based (i.e. Office365 or Google Apps for Business)

One application I find taking Home Owner Associations by storm is "NextDoor". Perhaps this would be a more appropriate platform for something like this.

This month, March 2017, I will have sold my home on Aquia Drive. This closes out my life in Northern Virginia. It's been a great ride!

2. Office

Office Business Office

Cowboyup - Thank you for all the hours you volunteered creating this website. You got us off to a great start.

3. Maryanne Kirtley

Maryanne Kirtley Junior Member

I didn't know you were selling... :/ Thanks bunches for all your time and effort to putting this together!! Miss you all!