The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a Winter Storm Watch for PWC, in effect from Sunday afternoon until Monday morning. During this afternoon’s briefing, NWS advised there is still considerable uncertainty as to where the center of the storm system will track, and they noted that the system will be strengthening as it passes through our region. All of the following hazards are possible Sunday into Monday:
• Plowable snow, which will likely start strong at rates of 1-2” per hour.
• Sleet, with ice accretion approaching 0.10-0.25”
• Heavy rain, with a marginal chance of flooding
• Minor coastal flooding along the Potomac River
• Wind gusts approaching 40 MPH
Due to forecast uncertainty, NWS advises using the “reasonable worst case” snowfall estimate for a planning assumption, as shown in the accompanying graphics.