The Aquia Harbour Guard Shack/ Front Gate is staffed 24/7. The address is 1001 Washington Drive.
The Back Gate is controlled by an automatic security arm that opens for active Aquia Harbour RFID decals only. The address of the back gate from inside the Harbour is 3242 Titanic Drive. From outside the Harbour it is 800 Decatur Road. Recommendation – When giving directions to family or delivery people, especially if you live in the 3rd Section, tell them to program the FRONT GATE address into their GPS first. Then when they arrive, they can change the GPS to your home address. The Google and WAZE algorithms will try to send visitors and deliveries to the Back Gate where they will be denied access and sent on a 10-mile trip to the Front Gate.
Generally, there is one guard located in the guard shack at the Front Gate and another guard located at the Police Department where they receive all phone calls, dispatch police calls-for-service and staff the police station. Access to Aquia Harbour is managed in three ways;
RFID Access Control
Gate Sentry Visitor Software
• EVERY vehicle traveling into the community in the through lane (left of the guard shack) is required to have an active RFID decal. This decal will activate the green light when the security arm is up and the arm itself when it is in the down position. The security arm is routinely used at night and intermittently used during the day.
• Residents who do not have an RFID decal or who have a decal that has been deactivated (this could be related to dues, an expired lease or a decal malfunction) are asked to use the visitor side (right of the guard shack) of the gate to access the Harbour.
• Decals are issued to new residents at no cost as part of your registration process.
• Replacement decals or decals needed for new vehicles or replacement windshield etc. are $15.
COVID19 IMPACT – The Business Office remains closed but ALL services are available to residents including RFID. Instructions: Make a copy of your vehicle registration. Write your name, email and address or lot number on the registration, attached a check to AHPOA for $15 per decal and place it in the drop box on the front wall of the Business Office (1221 Washington Drive). You will receive a call or email when it is ready for pick up at the Police Station (1040 Aquia Drive).
Friends & Family can now apply for an annual RFID guest decal for a fee. See details at:
• The Visitor Window is set up to vet visitors. The Security Guard will verify the resident’s status, or check the GATE SENTRY VISITOR system to verify that visitor has been authorized.
• Cameras are in use at and around the Guard Shack facility.
Gate Sentry Visitor Software
• Gate Sentry is available as an app for your smart phone or for desk top access.
• To receive your log in information and password for Gate Sentry, please contact email@example.com
• Whenever you have a visitor coming to your home, please enter them in the Gate Sentry system. Whether it is a vendor or friends and family, entering them into your Gate Sentry app will assure them easy access with minimal delay. Most of time, depending on how busy the Gate is, you will also receive a notification email that your guest has arrived.
• If for some reason your Gate Sentry app is not available, or you do not have access to a smart phone, you may also call your guest into the front gate at 540-659-5224
Complaints or suggestions related to the Front Gate? You can reach the Police Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up now to stay up to date on Aquia Harbour news, alerts and events.