The following is a briefing from the National Weather Service Baltimore/Washington as of 5:00 AM Wednesday, October 28th, 2020:
Threat: Moderate to heavy rain from the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Zeta and Low Pressure. Gale Warnings Possible for parts of the waters. A Freeze is possible Friday night into Saturday morning.
Location: Entire forecast area.
Timing: Thursday into Friday for the flood threat and possible Gale Warnings, October 29th and 30th. Friday night into early Saturday for the possible Freeze (October 30th and 31st).
Overview and Impacts:
· A boundary will remain stalled over our area Thursday into early Friday. The remnants of Zeta will track along the boundary, impacting our area Thursday and another low will pass through our area Thursday night into early Friday.
· Moderate to locally heavy rain is expected during this time. The best chance for the heaviest rain will be Thursday.
· Most likely rainfall amounts will be around 2 to 3 inches, with locally higher amounts around 4 to 5 inches possible.
· Scattered instances of flooding are possible, but confidence remains low due to recently dry conditions.
· Gale Warnings are possible for parts of the waters later Thursday through Friday.
· Temperatures may drop below freezing Friday night into early Saturday morning, especially areas west of Interstate 95.